- Rotate the rug every 3 months to avoid uneven fading and wear.
- Vacuum regularly in one direction (not back and forth) using suction only, no bristles. Regular vacuuming will reduce shedding over time.
- Avoid pulling loose yarns. If necessary, clip them to be even with the pile height.
- Spot clean as needed using a damp (not wet) cloth with plain water; don’t use soap or cleaning products, as they could damage or fade the rug.
- For larger, deeper stains, send the rug to a professional service with experience cleaning fine rugs.
- To preserve the life of the rug, we recommend using a rug pad.
Wool rugs are extremely durable, making them well suited to high traffic areas such as entries, hallways, kitchens and dining rooms. Lanolin, a naturally occurring oil in wool, makes wool rugs more resistant to stains than other materials.